Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Amen!

Savor these words from my patron saint, Francis de Sales (c/o phatcatholic's "Daily with De Sales"). St. Francis' writings and patronage top the list why I would want to learn French. Oh, and he's also among the top factors in my flailing efforts for holiness.

Turning to my most gracious and merciful God, I desire to serve Him and to love Him now and forever. But if, through temptation by the enemy or human frailty, I should chance to transgress in any point, or fail to adhere to this my resolution and dedication, I protest from this moment and am determined, with the assistance of the Holy Spirit, to rise as soon as I perceive my fall and return again to God's mercy without any hesitation or delay whatsoever.
-- INT. Part I, Ch. 20; O. III, p. 60

No comments: