Friday, August 12, 2011

Notes…

Have been busy. Got married. Have peace. Not as much money as I'd like, but peace. Have been reading and writing more than my moribund pace of the past year or two. I've read so many books recently, in fact, that I haven't even kept proper notes of them in my reading log. Here are some I recall.


Boston Teran, God Is a Bullet
T. Jefferson Parker, The Blue Hour

Stephen King, Under the Dome

King, Duma Key

King, The Dead Zone

Michael Chabon, The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay

Dan Simmons, The Terror

Stephen King & Peter Straub, The Talisman

Don DeLillo, Point Omega

Flannery O'Connor, Wise Blood


I've left some out, and I'm not even going to try recalling which movies I've seen (aside from Captain America--twice, no less!). It has felt great to read such large books again, and especially with such intensity: it reminded me of my younger summers. I believe in Story. I believe in the Borgesian craft. I will be getting back into more "academic" reading, and work will be keeping me quite busy, but I still have an exciting roster of novels to read from the library.

3 comments:

Mike L said...

You got married???

Martin said...

"Oh, let's see. What did I do today? Ate a heathy breakfast, did a small workout. Enjoyed the sunset, oh yeah, and I got married."

Congratulations.

Codgitator (Cadgertator) said...

Ha! Thanks, doc! Really.

Truth be told, it was kind of like that. Me and the lady went to Taipei on a recon mission (visa issues are a pain) and we ended up married (legally, anyway) by the end of it. We need your prayers, though. I UTTERLY CRAVE TO HONOR THE CHURCH IN MY LIFE, and our status is still not legit. :emoticon: