Monday, September 6, 2010

Gym regimen - September 2010

6 September, 2010 (Mon.)
Ur-Workout: 50-60 mins
91kg, BMI 25.5

0. Warmup: Stretching

1. Bench press: 12, 10, 8, 6 @ 60–80kg
[I was pressed for time so I went for the 80kg that was already on the bar for my last set. It was a good challenge, and the last rep made me "dig deep," but I'm glad I've regained my strength here.]

2. Pullups: 13, 14, 15 @ bodyweight

2a. Lever bench row: ø

3. EZ Barbell military press: 10, 8, 6 @ 30-48kg
[I felt I could have gone heavier, but I wasn't used to using the EZ bar, so maybe next time I'll shoot for 50kg.]

4. Barbell curl: 10, 8, 6 @ 35–45kg
[I was more tired this workout than my last workout, and that general fatigue showed in my curls: had some sloppy form my last set.]

5. Supine French press: 10, 8, 6 @ 30–40kg
[Pretty good form on these. I forgot to do it this time, so I will swap them out for elbows-out tricep extensions next time.]

6. Leg extensions: 18, 15, 12 @ 40-50kg
[I would have used these as a warmup for the decline leg press, but I was pressed for time. I admit I think I need to overcome my subliminal fear of the squat, since I injured my rib with a weight belt weeks ago and then have only gotten over a foot injury. I've been treading water with the leg extensions so maybe Wednesday I'll do the leg press and then Friday or Saturday go for the squat.]

7. Leg curl: 18, 15, 12 @ 30-40kg

8. Standing calf raise: ø

9. Kneeling rope pulldown (20 + 10 obliques): ø

9a. Supine variable leg drops/lifts: 40, 48, 60

9b. Oblique leans [a bucket of water in one hand and leans to the opposite side]: 30X3 (per side)

Cooldown: ø

+++


Interestingly enough, I was 90kg last workout and 91kg today. This may be due to the fact that food was in my system, but that's a negligible variable. Further, from what two guys told me today, I not only look bigger but am clearly stronger. It must be the two salmon fillets I have every few nights. Heh!

No comments: