Thursday, September 9, 2010

Gym regimen - September 2010

8 September, 2010 (W)
Ur-Workout: 50-60 mins
91kg, BMI 25.5

0. Warmup: Stretching, leg extensions, leg curls, lat pulldowns, bench press

1. Bench press: 12, 10, 8, 6 @ 60–77.5kg
[Arched my back and tucked my scapulae.]

2. Cable pulldowns: 12, 10, 8 @ 50kg, 65kg, 75kg
[I love how I could feel these work the whole length of my lats. I could have done 80kg my last set but treated this workout as a semi-recovery day.]

2a. Lever bench row: ø

3. EZ Bar military press: 10, 8, 6 @ 35-55kg
[This was a fortuitous gain in weight. I was a bit hazy on my last set, so I made the bar 55kg instead of 50kg, which I only realized when I put the bar down. Hoorah!]

4. Barbell curl: 10, 8, 6 @ 35–45kg
[Very tight form on these and I didn't feel tired like last workout. I curled higher, up to my chin for the one-count squeeze.]

5. Elbows-out extension: 10, 8, 6 @ 14–20kg (per hand)

6. Decline leg press: 15, 12, 10 @ 140kg, 155kg, 170kg

7. Stiff-leg deadlifts: 12, 10, 10 @ 50–65kg
[I was cautious with these, since I haven't done them since late July. It's great to feel my hamstrings sore today. I was getting much stronger on the leg curl machine, but these deadlifts are a superior exercise.]

8. Standing calf raise: ø

+++

I'm trying to keep the workout short, so I will do abs on at least two off-days. I had a close call on the bench but I'm okay. It was so muggy. I'm annoyed the free weight room is so open to blinding sunlight. And it has no fans!! Yesterday was just "one of those days." A near-injury at the gym, arriving late to a tutee, getting caught in heavy rain just as I left the tutee to go teach at a cram school, and then getting a complete flat on the way home.

On the upside, I have been dreaming more lately. The dream journal seems to be helping. Full-time classes begin next week and tomorrow morning I have a meeting at the school in question, so, boys and girls, summer is completely over! Time to get to up early everyday. I did well Tuesday and this morning, so I know I can do it. I'm the type of person who is actually less productive when I have more free time. I need the pressure of a full schedule to motivate me to use my time more efficiently. And I definitely need something to do every morning, otherwise I become a night owl, which is its own curse in disguise.

Stay tuned.

No comments: