Ur-Workout, 60 mins
90kg, BMI 25
0. Warmup: Stretching, curls, tricep extensions, squats
1. Bench press: 12, 8, 4 @ 65kg, 75kg, 90kg
[New all-time PR!]
2. Pullups: 14, 14/1*, 16/1*
[The 1* rep was a negative, about a 15 count.]
3. Hammer-grip curls (H-bar): 10, 8, 5 @ 35kg, 40kg, 55kg
[I accidentally threaded 10kg plates instead of 5kg plates and was too lazy to switch it back to 45kg, so I did 5 not very tight reps at 55kg. Meh.]
4. EZ Barbell military press (seated): 10, 8, 8 @ 40–50kg
5. Elbows-out extensions (per hand): 10, 8, 8 @ 19–22kg
6. Squat: 12, 9, 6 @ 65–90kg
7. Stiff-leg deadlift: 15, 12, 9 @ 60–75kg
8. Dumbbell pullovers: 10 @ 22kg
An annoying day in some respects. I was late to a meeting at my first school, since I tried a new route to work. Then I took an awesome nap after lunch but overslept and was late to my second school, missed an entire class and was in the doghouse. I can't find my cellphone charger so my phone was dead and I didn't get the call from the second school. I know I set my alarm but must have shut it off in a semi-conscious state. At least I had a good workout and God loves me.
That's right, God loves me. Oh, and, yes, I achieved one of my basic BB goals: tonight I cracked my bench press APR from college, when I benched 200+ pounds once or twice. Tonight I was "feeling lucky, punk" so I went for 90kg (198lbs) and managed to crank out 4 reps, which means I could have easily done 200+lbs once or twice. So, there. I did it. Now I'm out to keep making gains.
Nonetheless, I think I will go lighter on the bench next week and add a set of dips. Squatting felt very good and I even did a small set of calf presses on a machine, so my left foot is pretty much all healed up. I think I'll also try weighted pullups next week.