Saturday, October 2, 2010

Gym regimen - October 2010

1 October 2010
Ur-Workout, 60 mins
91kg, BMI 25.5

0. Warmup: Stretching, curls, flyes, dips, squats

1. Bench press: 10, 8*, 8 @ 70kg, 80kg, 70kg
[It was Friday, the end of a weekly cycle and I haven't slept enough lately, so I felt fatigued. It was obvious on the bench. I couldn't get the 8th rep onto the latches my 2nd set, so I had to lower it onto my stomach and roll it into my lap so I could sit up.]

2. Lat pulldown: 12, 9, 6 @ 75kg, 85kg, 90kg
[I caught a few eyes on these, since everyone else was pulling 35-55kg but by my 3rd set, I was pulling all the plates on the machine. Not bragging, just noting, again, how crew gave me a great foundation of back and leg strength. I want to stick with the lat pulldown machine for at least another week and maybe just raise my reps to, say, 15, 12, 9.]

3. Dumbbell curl (per hand): 10, 8, 6 @ 18kg, 20kg, 22kg
[Turns out I was right about being wrong in my last notes about these curls. The last dumbbells were 22kg, not 27kg. I did these nice and slow and tight, but sure felt the fatigue. 40lb and 50lb curls aren't anything to be ashamed of, though. So, progress... and Patience, Humility, Confidence.]

4. Dumbbell military press (seated, per hand): 10, 8, 6 @ 18kg, 22kg, 27kg

5. Dips: 11, 12, 12*
[The 12th rep of the 3rd set was a negative.]

6. Squat: 12, 9, 6 @ 70kg, 80kg, 90kg
[My 2nd set felt awesome, very clean and efficient. I think my lower back might be a little sore from the 3rd set, however, since the fatigue combined with my going for 90kg had me lifting bent too far forward at the hips. It's the day after now and my back doesn't feel bad, but maybe tomorrow there will be residual soreness.]

7. Stiff-leg deadlift: 12, 9, 6 @ 60kg, 70kg, 80kg

+ + +

4 comments:

Tap said...

Quoting you from another blog:

"Forsooth the Perryman cometh."

Hilarious

Codgitator (Cadgertator) said...

Tap, you liked that? heh It actually got Perry to email me, which was strange, but he hasn't replied to two subsequent emails I've sent him, nor a request to borg him on Facebook. I'm crushed, crushed! jk I'm sure he's busy as always. Nice to see you around.

Best,

Tap said...

couldn't stop giggling when i read that, and that was like three days ago. Was cool though, amusing to think of Perry as some sort of internet boogeyman.

Codgitator (Cadgertator) said...

It's funny because it's true. Perry told me he wouldn't reply to Feser… and he didn't… at Feser's blog, that is… though he has been making ripostes at What's Wrong with the World. heh