Monday, October 11, 2004

P.S.

I didn’t know where to fit this in, in this or last week's post, but I wanted to let you know that after my time with Fr. Ramon, I lead an English Bible study with some Providence U. students (from 6-7 PM). It’s a real delight. The language barrier forces me to keep things slow and simple. Their relative unfamiliarity with the Bible and Christianity also force me to distill the basic message I am conveying. There is no room for distracting them with advanced, Western theologumena. (God, I love serving You as a foreign missionary!)

Last week we talked about Mark 1:1-13 and I asked them three questions: 1) Who was Jesus? 2) What would God say to you? 3) What is a desert in your life? This week we read Mark 1:1-4, 7-20 and discussed questions 2) and 3). We closed by looking at Jesus calling Simon, Andrew, James and John. I asked them to consider this week where and why and how far they would follow Jesus, as well as what would stop them from following Him.

No comments: