Thursday, February 21, 2008

Points of Articulation

[This song's melody is 4/4 and is akin to a blend of Pearl Jam's "Sometimes" and Springsteen's "Dancing in the Dark", with David Bowie vocals.
The first image that inspired this song is a wooden artist model. I also envision toy figures.

Other images that I draw from are 3-D graphing and engineering schematics.

I am also trying to indicate the linguistic sense of articulation.]










I enter the workshop
Turn on the lamp
I study the figures in dust
Clean off the table
and steady my hands
I've come to trace
the points of her articulation
the points of her articulation
I wanna see the points of her articulation
the points, the points of her articulation
the points of her articulation
the art of articulation
I wanna see her hinges
that creak a little when she twinges
Unveil the bearings
she rolls around when she's staring
I wanna find the tracks
that glisten beneath the cracks
at the points of her articulation
the points of her articulation
I wanna see the points of her articulation
Where she is glued
after she's unglued
The tab A that's in slot B
The nuts and bolts that hold her happy
I wanna find the creases
under the wrapper, when she releases*
the points of her articulation
the points, the points of her articulation

I need to know the points of her articulation
I need to know the vectors
I need to know the limits
I need to try the pulleys
I need to test the tension
I've got to know the points of her articulation
I know my own
points of articulation
But built together as one flesh
How will they mesh?
Or will they clash?
How will they groove?
Or just not move?
Who will I be
along the points of her articulation?
What will she change
in the points of my articulation?
Is this elation only covert strangulation?
Is the distance
only the first step o' the dance?
I wanna see the points of your articulation
the points, the points of your articulation
I wanna master the art of articulation
Gimme me the blueprint behind your articulation
Show me the key
so I know where I stand on the map
Explain the scale
so I see how I fit, into the tale
Guide me in the shadows**
so I can find true north
Give me a compass
so I know the journey is worth...it
Hand in hand,
I wanna carve our points of articulation
Because I'm in love
with the points of your articulation
the points, the points of your articulation
the art of your articulations




* alternate line: under the facade, when it ceases
** alternate line: Point out the shadows, so I know true north

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i would really want to figure out what is this song about...?
hey hey hey