Sunday, July 18, 2004

Fallen -- by Elliot Bougis

fallen
in snow
fallen
in snow
fallen
brown
in the snow
brown
and crinkled
veined
and brown
and thin
in the snow
withered
stem
fallen
from
the branch
above
the snow
nestling
white
beneath the fallen
leaf
in snow
cold
and brown
beneath
my eye
as I stand
in the snow
above
the leaf
beside
my boot
in the snow
nudging
the snow
with
my finger
in the snow
cold
and white
the snow
is
white
upon
my palm
beneath
the fallen
brown
veined
snapped stemmed
leaf
now lifted
above
the snow
by my hand
for
the delight
of
smiling
at the brown
veined
leaf
in
my palm
closes
sadly
fallen
is
my gaze
as
i see
a million
fallen
minions
brown
veined
leaves
in the snow
just like
the fallen
crumpled
withered
cold
leaf
in my palm
trembling
a tear
has
fallen
in the snow
a leaf
has fallen
in the snow
and my footprints
have followed
me from
the
brown
crunching
cold
graves
of
the leaves
in the snow
for I
have fallen
atop
my bed
warm
and sad
as I wipe
a tear
from
my eye
from
my soul

No comments: