Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Welcome back, eh?

Dear readers and friends, it's been quite a week. A great week, in fact. More than I describe right now, at work, in fact. Green Island was well worth the fourteen or so hours of bus time I logged. Some of the beauty I saw there led me to deep thoughts about the Trinity, and the long travel times put me in a very creative stillness. I came up with a few good story ideas. I hope I can develop the thoughts on the Trinity for FCA and work those stories into reading shape.

My first session of RCIA yesterday, with Fr. Ramon, turned out to be one of the most refreshing times I've had in weeks. In fact, it began with one of the most powerful encounters with the Risen Christ that I've ever experienced. No guff. I have been dry and tense for some time now. But yesterday I was filled with an indescribable peace like water rushing over an ancient bone-dry desert. In addition, I learned with almost mystical force the power of icons. It was a golden day, but I still need a lot of watering.

Life offline continues swimmingly. My writing itch is insufferable these days so I hope I can to the keyboard.

No comments: